Thursday, November 1, 2012

World Vegan Day


Today is World Vegan Day and the start of World Vegan Month! In the spirit of celebrating delicious, healthy food, I thought I would share three of my favorite inspirational, veggie-powered ladies!

1. Kris Carr. I first read Crazy Sext Diet a couple of months ago and have been stoked on it ever since. She has such a fun spirit and contagious level of excitement about what she's doing! I just got her cookbook, Crazy Sexy Kitchen and I can't wait to try it!


2. Alicia Silverstone. A friend told me about The Kind Diet when it came out, and I remember thinking, "What? Cher has a cookbook?" But I knew she had long been an animal rights activist, so I thought I would check it out. While the ingredients in her cooking aren't always readily available, I'm really excited by what she's doing. I can't wait for her two new books in the next couple of years.


3. Mayim Bialik. Again, my reaction to learning about this PETA ad was, "Wait, Blossom has a PhD and she's vegan?" I loved this PETA ad, so I started reading some of the things she posts online and I'm excited to see what she does next. I'll certainly add her cookbook to my shelves next year.


I'll be sharing more of my favorite vegan goodies as the month goes on. Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment